Tuesday, August 17, 2010

I am back to blogging........

Hello Everyone,

I am excited to be back to blogging  This summer has flown by and it is only two weeksuntil the "boys" are back in college and Laura starts her junior year in high school.

The summer weather usually sticks around through October.  In fact September is a beautiful month, highs in the 70/s and lows in the 50's and lots of sunshine. 

Here is what is "on my hook" these days:  granny square afghan with Michigan Tech colors,  dishcloths in multiple colors,  sweater top in cayon simply soft for moi!!  and I am starting fingerless gloves.  For knitting,   I continue with knitting wool socks.  Lately I have been perusing knitting patterns for my next project.  For sewing, the handbags continue and quilted Christmas doilies.

One of my nephews gave me a pair or Icelandic mittens.  Guess what?  I am attempting to duplicate the pattern with some Icelandic wool yarn.  Knitting these mittens is not as challenging as knitting lapland socks.  (thank goodness!!!)   More on these mittens later....

Well I am glad to be back and let me know how you are doing!

No comments:

Post a Comment